How to Apply for the Professional Practice Course (PPC)
Please read all of the information on this page before commencing your application.
In order to apply for the PPC, you must submit:
- A completed online application form;
- Certified copies of educational qualifications (certificates or diplomas) AND transcripts;
- Certified copy of the picture page of a valid passport (color copy only);
- Two (2) passport size photos;
- Certified copy of evidence of Caymanian status or residency; and
- An application fee of KYD 150.00.
If you do not hold Caymanian status or residency, or are unable to provide evidence, please contact Scott.Atkins@gov.ky
You can pay your deposit Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 5:00pm:
- by cash;
- by credit/debit card (in person or by phone); or
- by bank draft (made payable to Truman Bodden Law School).
Submit your application online and mail/drop off supporting documents to:
Truman Bodden Law School
P.O. Box 1568
54 Edward Street, George Town
Grand Cayman, KY1-1110
The deadline for applications is 1 June 2022.
Eligible candidates are required to possess a Class 2:2 or higher qualifying law degree.
These entry requirements for the PPC are laid down in the Legal Practitioners Act (2015 Revision) and Legal Practitioners (Students) Regulations (2018 Revision)
Application fees and deposits are payable as follows:
Cayman Islands Government Scholarships
The PPC attracts CIG scholarships for eligible students. You will need to submit a separate application to the CIG Scholarship Secretariat. Please contact their office at Tel: 345-244-2482 to inquire about eligibility and application deadline.