Mr. Andrew Perkins
LL.B (Hons), LL.M (Wales), Barrister (Gray’s Inn), Solicitor (non-practising), AFHEA
- Cayman Business Law (2020 Edition), (CILPA Press), Dr. Lisa Bowyer and Mr. Andrew Perkins.
- Forthcoming 2022: Market Abuse Regulation (offshore) in Elgar Research Handbook on Global Capital Markets, edited by Iain MacNeil and Iris H-Y Chu.
- In the matter of CTRIP Investments Issue 3 2020 CILr P41
- In the matter of China Holdings Issue 3 2020 CILr P43
- Directors Law and Practice- International Commercial Law Review 2009 P190
- European Public Law- International Trade Law Review 2009 P146
- Responsible Business- International Trade Law Review 2009 P162
Mrs. Karolina Norris
LL.B, LL.M UK, PgCert, FHEA
Ms. Kerry Lewis
BA (Hons), LL.M, PGCTHE, FHEA, Solicitor (non-practising)
- Terry, A., Lewis, K., Bullimore, B. ‘The impact of the Marine and Coastal Access Act (2009) on Welsh inshore fisheries and marine management’ (2019) 99 Marine Policy 359 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2018.11.003>
- Lewis, K., ‘No-take marine zones in Wales’ at TEDx Aberystwyth, October 2017, <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj4nsuTqbe0>
- Bullimore, B., and Lewis, K. ‘All At Sea? Marine Protection in post-Brexit Wales’ (2017) 38(3) ECOS British Association of Nature Conservationists <www.ecos.org.uk/ecos-38-3-all-at-sea/>
- Lewis, K. ‘The framework for environmental regulation in Wales: Natural Resources Wales speaks with ‘One Voice’ – Has the statutory voice for nature been silenced’ (2015) 17(3) Environmental Law Review 189 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1461452915595533>
Ms. Laura Panades
LL.B, BSc, MRes (UPF) (Barcelona)
- Laura Panadès, ‘Small States, High Stakes: A Policy Proposal To Deliver Welfare Via Public Purchasing’, 4 International Journal of Procurement Management 14, 426-440.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Panama APPapers: valoración crítica de la asociación público-privada en Panamá desde el derecho comparado’ [Panama PPPapers: a comparative law-based critical assessment of public-private partnerships in Panama], Anuario de Derecho de la Universidad de Panamá (forthcoming).
- Laura Panadès, ‘Public-private partnerships in transport: a critical assessment of the Caribbean’, 1 Public Administration and Policy – An Asia-Pacific Journal 24, 61-75.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Building cruise berthing facilities in the Cayman Islands – an unfinished drama in three acts’, 1 Études Caribéennes 47, 1-21.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Brexit from an offshore perspective’ (2020) 3 Cayman Islands Law Review Journal, 92-97.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Economic diplomacy in small countries: a four-action plan for the Cayman Islands’, (2020) 1 International Journal of Diplomacy and Economy 6, 67-84.
- Laura Panadès, ‘The Cayman Islands Public Procurement reform – research reaps real rewards’, (2020) 2 Eur. Pub. Private Partnership L. Rev 15, 186-94.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Competition in British Overseas Territories’ Public Procurement: going for gold or a race to the bottom?’, (2020) 1 Eur. Pub. Private Partnership L. Rev 15, 13-23.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Technocracy in paradise: Assessing the Social Impact of Public Procurement in The Cayman Islands via Public Sector Interviews’, (2019) 5 The Round Table – The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs 108, 553-565.
- Laura Panadès, ‘The Cayman Islands New Public Procurement Framework: manuscript or first draft?’ (2019) 2 Eur. Pub. Private Partnership L. Rev 14, 79-86.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Assessing Public-Private Partnership Law and Regulation in the Cayman Islands: Opening Gateways or Closing Loopholes?’, (2019) 3 Public Procurement Law Review 28, 108-119.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Note-taking and notability: how to succeed at legal fieldwork’ (2018) 2 Croatian International Relations Review 24, 104-123.
- Laura Panadès, ‘The Cayman Islands: New Procurement Regulations: filling gaps or digging holes?’ (2018) 2 Eur. Pub. Private Partnership L. Rev 13.
- Christian Kurrer and Laura Panadès, ‘What if we were to travel on levitating trains?’, European Parliament Research Service, PE614.558 (Publications Office of the European Union 2018).
- Laura Panadès, ‘The Cayman Islands: Public-Private Partnerships under construction’ (2017) 2 Eur. Pub. Private Partnership L. Rev 12.
- Laura Panadès, ‘The Cayman Islands: An Ongoing Overhaul of Public Procurement’ (2017) 1 Eur. Pub. Private Partnership L. Rev 12.
- Lieve Van Woensel, Philip Boucher, Laura Panadès, ‘Ten more technologies which could change our lives: potential impacts and policy implications’  European Parliament Research Service.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Reinforced Social Clauses in Public-Private Partnerships as the vehicle for the people’s Europe’ in E Stetter et al (eds), Progressive Lab for Sustainable Development. From vision to action, Foundation for European Progressive Studies 2017, ISBN 978-2-930769-13-4.
- Laura Panadès, ‘Book review: Public Services in EU Law’  3 Public Procurement Law Review 113-114.
- Josepa Alemany, Xavier Perramon, and Laura Panadès. ‘The impact of the European Higher Education Area on traineeships: interviews with academic coordinators’ (2016) 2 Intangible Capital 12, 420-446.
- Lieve Van Woensel, Geoff Archer, Laura Panadès, Darja Vrscaj, ‘Towards scientific foresight in the European Parliament, in depth analysis’  European Parliament Research Service.
- Lieve Van Woensel, Geoff Archer, Laura Panadès, ‘Ten technologies which could change our lives: potential impacts and policy implications’  European Parliament Research Service.
- Josepa Alemany, Xavier Perramon, and Laura Panadès. ‘Las prácticas externas en el proceso de adaptación al EEES: El punto de vista de la primera promoción de grado en la UPF [Traineeships in the transition towards the European Higher Education Area: first results]’ (2014) 4 Revista de Docencia Universitaria 12.
- Josepa Alemany, Xavier Perramon, and Laura Panadès. ‘Use of mobile collaborative tools for the assessment of out-of-classroom courses in Higher Education. Cloud technologies applied to the monitoring of the Practicum’ (CSEDU 2014, 6th International Conference on Computer Supported Education).
- Xavier Perramon, Josepa Alemany and Laura Panadès. ‘Assuring the quality of the practicum in the EHEA with Moodle and Google Docs – Design of a tool for facilitating the practicum monitoring’, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Computer Supported Education, Vol 2: CSEDU, pages 175-178.
Mr. Michael Bromby
BSc (Hons), GDL, LL.M (Edin), Dip FMS, FHEA, CMALT
- Bromby, M. (in press) The Cayman Islands: Paradoxes of Insularity in the Caribbean and other British Overseas Territories Liverpool Law Review
- Bromby, M. (2020) Life, in the Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands Law Review, Issue 3.
- Bromby, M. (2016) Gaining Recognition for Teaching in The Legal Academics’ Handbook, Palgrave Publications
- JER McMillan, J., Glisson, W. & Bromby, M. (2013) Investigating the Increase in Mobile Phone Evidence in Criminal Activities System Sciences (HICSS), 2013 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 4900-4909 doi.org/10.1109/HICSS.2013.366
- Bromby, M. (2012) Response to the consultation by the Judicial Office for England and Wales on the Use of Live, Text-Based Forms of Communications from Court for the Purposes of Fair and Accurate Reporting European Journal of Law and Technology, Vol 3 (1)
- Bromby, M. (2011) Brain Imaging: Consent issues, and licensing of storage and analysis, Cortex doi.org/10.1016/j.cortex.2011.04.017
- Bromby, M. (2011) Juries and Their Understanding of Forensic Science: Are Jurors Equipped? The International Journal of Science in Society, Vol 2 (2) 247-256 doi.org/10.18848/1836-6236/CGP/v02i02/51247
- Bromby, M. (2010) Identification, trust and privacy. How biometrics can aid certification of digital signatures, International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, Vol 24(1) 1–9 doi.org/10.1080/13600861003644541
- Bromby, M. (2009) Virtual Seminars: Problem-based Learning in Healthcare Law and Ethics, Journal of Information, Law & Technology JILT 2009 (3)
- Bromby, M., MacMillan, M., McKellar, P. An examination of criminal jury directions in relation to eyewitness identification in Commonwealth jurisdictions (2007) 36(4) Common Law World Review 303 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1350/clwr.2007.36.4.303>
- Bromby, M. & Ness, H. (2006) Over-observed? What Is The Quality Of CCTV In This New Digital Legal World?, International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, Vol 20 (1-2) 105-115 doi.org/10.1080/13600860600580843
- Bromby, M. & Wall, J. (2004) Lessons We’ve Learnt – Knowledge Management In a Police Environment, Proceedings of the European Conference on Knowledge Management, Paris 2004. http://ssrn.com/abstract=1562653
- Bromby, M., MacMillan, M., & McKellar, P. (2003) A Common-KADS Representation for A Knowledge Based System To Evaluate Eyewitness Identification, International Review of Law Computers and Technology, Vol 17 (1) 99-108 doi.org/10.1080/1360086032000063156
- Bromby, M. (2003) At Face Value? The Use of Facial Mapping and CCTV Image Analysis for Identification, New Law Journal, 28 February 2003 Vol 153 No 7069, 302-304 http://ssrn.com/abstract=1562655
- Bromby, M. & Hall, J. (2002) The Development and Rapid Evolution of the Knowledge Model of ADVOKATE: An Advisory System to Assess the Credibility of Eyewitness Testimony, in Legal Knowledge and Information Systems JURIX 2002: The Fifteenth Annual Conference. Eds. T. Bench-Capon, A. Daskalopulu & R. Winkels. IOS Press, Amsterdam, Netherlands: pp.143-152 http://ssrn.com/abstract=1561509
- Bromby, M. (2002) To Be Taken At Face Value? Computerised Identification, Information Communication Technology Law Journal, Vol. 11, No. 1: pp 63 – 73 http://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=1561523
Mr. Mitchell Davies, BEM
LL.B (Hons) (UEA)
- Davies, M. C. (2013) ‘[Cali] Fornication by False Pretences – No Penalty for Partner Personation under California’s Penal Code’, Journal of Criminal Law, 77(4), pp. 325–336.
- Davies, M. (2004) ‘R v. Dica: Lessons in Practising Unsafe Sex’, Journal of Criminal Law, 68(Part 6), pp. 498–506.
- Davies, M. (2004) ‘Lawmakers, Law Lords and Legal Fault: Two Tales from the (Thames) River Bank: Sexual Offences Act 2003; R v. G and Another’, Journal of Criminal Law, 68(Part 2), pp. 130–149.
- Davies, M. C. (2002) ‘Consenting to Battery under a Misapprehension: Mistake as to Quality in the Court of Appeal’, Common Law World Review, 31(3), pp. 236–253.
- Davies, M. C. (2001) ‘Public Policy in the Cayman Islands: Driving a Cart and (Unruly) Horses through the Recognition Legislation’, International and Comparative Law Quarterly, 50(1), pp. 133–143.
- Davies, M. C. (1998) ‘Leaving Provocation to the Jury: A Homicidal Muddle’, Journal of Criminal Law, 62(4), pp. 374–388.
- Davies, M. C. (1997) ‘After R v. Clowes (No 2): An Act of Theft Empowered – A Jury Impoverished’, Journal of Criminal Law, 61(1), pp. 99–110.
- Davies, M. C. (1996) ‘Signals of Symmetry in Reckless Attempts’, Anglo-American Law Review, 25(3), pp. 367–375.
- Davies, M. C. (1996) ‘Charitable trusts in the Cayman Islands: goodbye to the Statute of Elizabeth’, Charity Law and Practice Review, 4(2), pp. 119–151.
- Davies, M. C. (1995) ‘Shifting the fault lines in unintentional crime’, Liverpool Law Review, 17(2), pp. 115–152.
- Davies, M. C. (1994) ‘Constructive Manslaughter – A Not So Basic, Basic Intent Crime’, Journal of Criminal Law, 58(Part 4), pp. 398–402.
- Davies, M. C. (1994) ‘Proximity in Attempts; Preparing to Cross Rubicon’, Journal of Criminal Law, 58(Part 1), pp. 78–84.
- Davies, M. C. (1993) ‘Due Propriety in Perverting the Course of Justice’, Journal of Criminal Law, 57(Part 4), pp. 380–384.
- Davies, M. C. (1993) ‘Consent after the House of Lords: Taking and Leading Astray the Law of Theft’, Legal Studies, 13(3), pp. 308–322.
- Davies, M. (1992) ‘A Certain Sense of Belonging’, Journal of Criminal Law, 56(Part 2), pp. 175–178.
- Davies, M. (1992) ‘Innocent agents and legal principle’, Journal of Criminal Law, 56(4), pp. 386–388.
- Davies, M. (1992) ‘Dishonesty and intention to repay in deception offences’, Journal of Criminal Law, 56(3), pp. 277–279.
- Davies, M. (1989) ‘Recklessness re-examined: in pursuit of the conscientious objective’, Denning Law Journal, 1989, pp. 27–51.
Ms. Rhian Minty
LL.B (Hons), LL.M (De Monfort), Barrister (Gray’s Inn) (non-practising)
- O’Brien, D. and Minty, R. (2021) ‘The challenges of multi-layered governance and the fight for same sex marriage in Bermuda and the Caribbean Overseas Territories’, Public Law, Jan, pp. 106–124.
Mr. Scott Atkins
LL.B (Hons), Dip LP, FHEA, Solicitor (non-practising)
- S Atkins, Equity & Trusts (3rd edn, 2019, TBLS Academic Publishing; formerly published by Routledge)
- S Atkins (ed), Insights into Trusts Law: the Channel Islands and beyond’ (2013) Institute of Law, Jersey
- S Atkins (ed) Futter & Pitt: Mistakes by Trustees (2014) Institute of Law, Jersey
- S Atkins, ‘The Law of Trusts: two out of three ain’t bad’ (2020) Cayman Islands Law Review (publication due Winter 2020)
- S Atkins, Westlaw Insight Encyclopaedia: various short articles on key provisions in the law of trusts (updated annually)
- S Atkins, ‘Solomon v McCarthy: unwritten trusts of land’ (2020) T & T 26 (4) 372-376
- S Atkins, ‘A Balance of Convenience’ (2020) SJ 163 (3) 56-57
- S Atkins, ‘Implication of contractual terms (One Fish Co Ltd v Iceland Foods Ltd)’ Lexis-Nexis 25/1/2018
- S Atkins, ‘Legg v Burton: proprietary estoppel might found a basis for mutual wills’ (2018) 24 (4) T & T 377-380
- S Atkins, ‘Futter & Pitt: mistakes by trustees: a look at the Supreme Court decision and the way forward’ (2014) (1) JGLR 121
- S Atkins, ‘Insights into trust law: the Channel Islands and beyond’ (2013) (1) JGLR 69
Dr. Simon Cooper
LL.B., LL.M., M.Phil., Ph.D., Dip.L.P., Solicitor (non-practising), Attorney (N.Y.)
Chapter in Books
- Cooper, S., “Obligations as Incidents of Ownership” in M. George et al. “Essays in Memory of MP Thompson” (Hart, 2021).
- Cooper, S., “Sugden v Lord St Leonards: Probate of the Missing Will” in B. Sloan “Landmark Cases in Succession Law” (Hart, 2020).
- Cooper, S., “Error and Responsibility” in P. Kenna et al “E-Conveyancing and Title Registration in Ireland” (Clarus, 2018).
- Cooper, S., “Lack of Proper Care in Registered Land” in A. Goymour et al “New Perspectives in Land Registration” (Hart, 2017).
- Cooper, S., “Good Governance and Crown Lands” in L. Smith “Surveying the Past, Mapping the Future” (Cambridge Scholars, 2016).
- Cooper, S., “Removing Title Blemishes as a Function of Registration” in A. Wudarski, “Das Grundbuch im Europa des 21. Jahrhunderts” (Duncker Humblot, 2016).
- Cooper, S., “Registered Title and the Assurance of Reliability” in W. Barr “Modern Studies in Property Law” 8th edition (Hart Publishing, 2015) 308-330.
- Cooper, S., “The Versatility of State Indemnity” in M. Dixon “Modern Studies in Property Law” 5th edition (Hart Publishing, 2009), 35-60
- Cooper, S., “Register Entry Pursuant to a Court Order Subsequently Set Aside”  The Conveyancer 59-67.
- Cooper, S., “Correction of the Register and Mistake by Omission”  The Conveyancer 225-243.
- Cooper, S., “Discretion in Property Law: A Study of Judicial Correction of Title” (2018) Legal Studies 1-23.
- Cooper, S., “Interests, Powers and Mere Equities in Modern Land Law” (2017) 37 Oxford Journal of Legal Studies 435-460 with E. Lees.
- Cooper S., “Seller Fraud and Conveyancer Liabilities”  The Conveyancer 325-329.
- Cooper, S., “Resolving Title Conflicts in Registered Land” (2015) 131 Law Quarterly Review 108-131.
- Cooper, S., “Removing Defects in Title as a Function of the Land Register – Comparative Perspectives”  Rejent (in Polish) (with A. Wudarski).
- Cooper, S., “Regulating Fallibility in Registered Land Titles” (2013) 72 Cambridge Law Journal 341-368.
- Cooper, S., “Privilege and Equality amongst Testamentary Creditors” (2012) 41 Common Law World Review 322-353.
- Cooper, S., “Partition of Land in the Commonwealth Caribbean” (2010) 39 Common Law World Review 283-310.
- Cooper, S., “Guardianship and Dealings with Infants’ Lands” (2009) Caribbean Law Review 66.
- Cooper, S., “Payment of Price and Transfer of Title” (2009) Caribbean Law Review 31-41.
- Cooper, S., “Lifetime Occupation Rights” (2009) 34 West Indies Law Journal 59-82.
- Cooper, S., “The Land Registrar’s Powers of Correction” (2006) 31 West Indies Law Journal 1.
- Cooper, S., “Professional Standards in Conveyancing Searches” (2006) 16 Caribbean Law Review 36-58.
- Cooper, S., “Title Information Sources in the Cayman Islands” (2005) 15 Caribbean Law Review 1-21.
- Cooper, S., “Equity and Unregistered Interests in Commonwealth Land Systems” (2004) 3 Oxford University Journal of Commonwealth Law 201-224.
- Cooper, S., “Interests in Land under the Registered Land Law” (2004) 29 West Indies Law Journal 85-107.
- Cooper, S., “Sanctioning Disclosure Overseas of Confidential Information” (2003) 28 West Indies Law Journal 13-36.
- Cooper, S., “Public and Private Guarantees of Title” (2000) 10 Caribbean Law Review 10-29.
- Cooper, S., “Implied Easements in the Caribbean” (2000) 25 West Indies Law Journal 71-92.
- Cooper, S., “Registered Title and Equitable Claims” (1998) 23 West Indies Law Journal 126-130.
- Cooper, S., “Land Registration and Proprietary Estoppel” (1996) 6 Caribbean Law Review 478.
- Cooper, S., “Indemnity in Land Registration Statutes of the British Overseas Territories” (1996) 21 West Indies Law Journal 1-24.
- Cooper, S., “Indefeasibility of Title in the Dependent Territories” (1995) 20 West Indies Law Journal 22-30.
- Cooper, S., “The Nature of the Beneficiary’s Interest and the Role of the Personal Representative in the Administration and Distribution of an Estate” (1995) 17 Liverpool Law Review 69-81 (with M. Thomas).
- Cooper, S., “Creditors’ Remedies and Execution Against Land”  Journal of Business Law 384-397.
- Cooper, S., “Real Estate Law and Practice in the Cayman Islands” 1st – 4th editions (2019, Cyclura Press), 599 pages.
- Cooper, S., “Perspectives on Cayman Islands Land Titles” (2008 CILS Academic Press), 388 pages.